The 2009 Wheat Industry Leaders of Tomorrow (WILOT) training program will begin Sunday in St. Louis.
Sponsored and produced annually by Monsanto in partnership with the NAWG Foundation, this program is targeted at producers who want to become more involved in wheat grower associations.
Sessions will provide in-depth information and training on leadership styles and communication; media interaction; and the wheat industry’s involvement with major farm policy issues. The program, which runs until Friday afternoon, will also include field trips to a Whole Foods store and Monsanto.
Friendships made between growers during program training are another important element of WILOT, since many participants go on to work together in state and national wheat organizations.
The 2009 WILOT class includes:
- Brian Eggebrecht, Malta, Mont.;
- Clark Kauffman, Filer, Idaho;
- Ryan McCormick, Kremlin, Mont.;
- Ron Perry, Wendell, N.C.;
- Hope Pjesky, Goltry, Okla.;
- Tyson Raymond, Helix, Ore.;
- Brad Thykeson, Portland, N.D.;
- Randy Traxler, Otis, Colo.;
- Russell Walker, Throckmorton, Texas;
- Karl Scronce, NAWG; and
- Melissa George Kessler, NAWG