National Wheat Genomics Committee
The National Wheat Genomics Committee is an organization of wheat geneticists. The Committee’s goals are to:
- facilitate communication among U.S. researchers;
- assess national genomics research needs and goals;
- develop strategies and organize research efforts;
- facilitate communication with national granting agencies; and
- advocate for funding of wheat genomics research at the national level through the National Wheat Improvement Committee.
A subcommittee on wheat genomics also fosters communication with and facilitate participation in international wheat genomics initiatives.
The current chair of the National Wheat Genomics Committee is Stephen Baenziger, the small grains breeder at the University of Nebraska.