Media Advisory: NAWG CEO to Participate in AgriPulse Briefing on the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement
Media Advisory for Thursday Oct. 31, 2019
It’s Harvest Time for USMCA!
The clock is ticking as the congressional schedule starts to wind down for 2019 and negotiations on the U.S.- Mexico-Canada Agreement continue between the U.S. Trade Representative and House leaders. Will the U.S. House of Representatives vote yet this year on USMCA – with only 20 voting days left? If so, what’s the timetable? What will happen to farmers and ranchers if they don’t pass this agreement?
Agri-Pulse is hosting a breakfast briefing on Thursday, Oct. 31 for congressional staff and media, in cooperation with the National Association of Wheat Growers. We plan to discuss the timeline, opportunities and challenges associated with passing the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement before the end of the year. Join us as Congressmen, CEOs and representatives of major trade associations discuss why USMCA is different than NAFTA and what the new agreement can mean to the bottom lines of farmers and ranchers across the U.S. Participants include:
- Jim Costa, Chairman, Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee’s Subcommittee on Livestock and Foreign Agriculture
- Chandler Goule, CEO, National Association of Wheat Growers
- Jim Mulhern, CEO, National Milk Producers Federation
- Nick Giordano, Vice President and Counsel, Global Government Affairs, National Pork Producers Council
- Lesly McNitt, Director of Public Policy, National Corn Growers Association
- Hanna Abou-El-Seoud, Washington Representative, American Soybean Association
The event will be held from 8-9:30 am in 1300 Longworth on Thursday, Oct. 31. A continental breakfast will be served. Please RSVP here before Oct. 29.
Questions? Please contact Agri-Pulse Editor Sara Wyant: Sara@Agri-Pulse.com